Safety & Instructions
All Thumper products are developed with state of the art technology and years of experience. The Manufacturing processes observe strict control of quality and use only the highest quality materials and components.
All Thumper products feature patented Percussive Action that is unmatched in any other products. They are ideal for individuals with active lifestyles who need to relax their muscles after exercise, and for people who want the invigorating feel from a great massage.
Please make sure to read the operator manual, as it covers Safety Instructions, Product Operation, Considerations when not to use Thumper, Maintenance and Warranty information. The Manual provides some basic massage techniques, but is not intended to furnish a complete outline on massage or list all indications.
All Thumper products are designed to help people Stay Active.
Danger: When using an electrical appliance like Thumper, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using Thumper.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Always unplug Thumper from the electrical outlet immediately after using and before cleaning.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower
Do not use or store Thumper where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid. Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
Warning: To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock or injury to persons:
- Thumper should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug Thumper from outlet when not in use and before cleaning.
- Never operate Thumper if it has a damaged power cord or plug, if it is not working properly, has been dropped, damaged or immersed in water. Contact your nearest Service Centre for repair.
- Do not operate under a blanket or pillow, or any place where ventilation may be insufficient.
- Close supervision is necessary when used on, by or near children, invalids or disabled persons.
- Use Thumper only for its intended use as described in the instructions. Do not use attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not carry the Thumper by the power cord or pull the power cord sharply.
- Never drop or insert any object into any openings.
- To disconnect, turn off switch and remove plug from outlet.
- Never operate Thumper with the ventilation openings blocked. Kepp ventilation openings free of lint, hair and the like. Never operate on a soft bed or soft couch where air openings may be blocked.
- Keep the power cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use outdoors.
- Do not use where aerosol products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use Thumper in close proximity to loose clothing or Jewellery.
- Keep long hair away from Thumper when in use.
When not to use Thumper
If you suffer from a medical condition, do not use a Thumper massager without first consulting your doctor. Always remember that a massage should be pleasant and comfortable; if you feel pain or discomcort, discontinue use immediately and consult your physician.
Serious side effects or adverse events are extremely rare, bu as with any king of massage therapy, it is important to observe the following contraindications:
Do NOT use a Thumper if you have:
- Concerns about your health
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Varicose veins
- Blood clots
- Skin conditions: shingles/herpes, extreme dermatitis such as eczema, acne, proriasis.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Pace makers
- Arterial stints
- Kidney problems
- Post-surgery without a doctor's clearance
- Severe osteoporosis
- Unexplained calf pain
- Advanced stage disorders
Do not use on testicles, ovaries, breast tissue, eyes, ears, head, neck, kidneys or directly on bone.
Warning: DO NOT USE any Thumper massager on your neck. The neck is not generally a fragile structure but in some people, massaging the neck can lead to serious adverse side effects.
Stroking Legs: If stroking the legs, always stroke towards the heart as this travels in the direction of the normal flow of venous blood.
Pinching of the skin: When used correctly, Thumper does not pinch. If the massager is tilted over excessively, loose skin could be forced into the gap between the massage sphere and the plastic housing, pinching the skin. To avoid this, always keep the massage spheres and Thumper action perpendicular to the body.
Itching may occur if:
- Irratible material or clothing is used between Thumper and the skin (e.g. synthetic materials).
- Left on one spot for too long (over 60 seconds).
- The relative humidity of the environment is quite low.
Tickling: In the legs is a normal reaction. Tickling will subside after 5-10 seconds with Thumper "parked". Feet may not tickle when Thumper is placed on self but may occur when a person places it on another's feet.
Plugging in: Thumpers sold by dealers in Australia have certified power cord and plug for Australian voltage and outlets. Do not use if the power cord or plug is damaged, contact you nearest service agent for repair.
Operating your Thumper:
Maxi Pro & Equine models:
The Maxi Pro and Equine have 2 different controls for adjusting the strength of the massage. (1) Variable Speed Dial (2) Impact Adjuster Dial.
The Variable Speed Dial controls thew speed from approximately 18 pulses per second at the lowest (speed 1) to 35 pulses per second at highest (speed 5). You can select any speed within this range at any time to find your ideal comfort setting.
The Impact Adjuster Dial doubles as one of the massage spheres, has four settings, each indicated by different size dots from small to large.The speed does not change with this adjustment, nor the depth of stroke, the firmness of of impact increases from small to large dot.
Most people may not notice the difference in firmness, it can only be felt when used on very thin people where the unit will bounce and jitter as it contacts a bone. It will bounce and jitter less when turned to the smallest dot. If the setting is still too strong, use a folded towel to reduce the impact.
- Turn Thumper off before adjusting the Impact Dial
- If you have trouble turning the Impact Dial, try using a rubber glove for added grip.
No added attachments are needed with Thumper Maxi Pro. Its massage spheres are positioned to let you reach all areas effectively. For large area massage, Thumper's four large spheres are designed to massage both legs, both calves or both feet simultaneously. Small areas can be reached by tilting Thumper Maxi Pro, using only one of the spheres.
Thumper Mini Pro:
Thumper Mini Pro operates with a sophisticated electronic motor controller. It has three designated speeds: approximately 20, 30 & 40 pulses per second. The controller incorporates feedback logic that maintains the speed selected.
Load: Thumper is designed to operate best with its own weight. If too much weight is applied it will result in weak thumping action. Thumper needs to pulse its massage spheres against the muscle somewhat like beating of a drum. When too much force or extra weight is applied, its action is smothered or restricted and it penetrates less, not more.
Overload: All Thumper products are designed with an overload safety system to prevent damage to the device and to the user. If overloaded/overheated, the device shuts down and will not run until cool:
- Switch OFF the machine and unplug from the outlet
- Let the machine cool down for approximately 20 minutes
- Plug it in and switch back ON
Temperature: Internal temperature of the device is a function of a number of variables: ambient temperature. running time and load. Excessive heat due to heavy loads on the system will quickly cause the motor core temperature to rise. Persistent operation at an elevated temperature will prematurely wear the working components and may lead to motor damage. All Thumper products have ventilation gaps to allow air circulation inside the device. Some models have cooling fans. All Thumper products are designed with over-temperature safety system to prevent damage to the device and to the user. If the temperature rises to excessive levels, the device will shut down and will need to cool before use again.
Cleaning Tips: If the external surfaces become soiled, wipe clean with a cloth dampened with mild soap. Do not use thinner, benzene or any other solvents. Thumper is maintenance free, constructed with permanently lubricated sealed ball bearings with no additional lubrication necessary. Thumper has no user serviceable parts inside.
Electrical insulation: Thumper is a Double-Insulated product, two systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding/earthing so no means of earthing is provided, nor should it be added. Servicing a Double-Insulated product requires extreme care and knowledge of the system, should only be down by qualified service personnel. Replacement parts for a Double-Insulated product must be identical to the parts they replace.
Extended Product Life: To get the most out of your Thumper and to make it last a long long time, you should consider three factors which have a direct effect on premature wear: Heavy Load, High Temperature and Long Uninterrupted Running Time.
Running Time: Thumper has been tested and certified to meet electrical safety standards established by: UL (Underwriters Laboratories), CSA (Canadian Standards Association) and EN (European Standards) for household electrical appliances and massage appliances. These products are intended for intermittent use, defined as "20 minutes ON / 20 minutes OFF" (i.e. if you turn it on for 20 minutes, let it cool for 20 minutes).
Power Cord Storage: Your Thumper massager is equipped with a cord tie to help store the power cord. It should remain attached to the cord. When storing, loop the cord several times (about 300mm loops) and wrap the tie around the cord - do not warp the cord to the handle or around the handle as this will to premature cracking of the strain relief where the cord meets the plastic housing.